Product of the week: First Aid Chicken
Every dog owner knows the signs: the dog is weak, listless and needs to go outside every 30 minutes. Many dogs get it at least 2 - 3 times a year. The causes can be varied. Previously, this meant that a light diet had to be cooked for the dog. But now there's no longer a need for this. Terra Canis brings the first ‘FIRST AID – gastrointestinal menus’ to the market. Lean chicken with carrot, fennel and camomile supplemented by soothing additives such as lemon balm, calendula, medicinal clay and black cumin oil. A grain-free light diet menu developed with vet Hanna Stephan based on easily digestible ingredients that relieve the digestive tract and support healthy gastrointestinal function.
• Lean meat is the ideal source of animal protein for a healthy digestive system.
• Cooked carrots contain oligosaccharides. These are similar in structure to the receptors on the intestinal wall, meaning the undesired substances can dock to them and easily be excreted from the body.
• Cottage cheese is low-fat, rich in protein and easily digestible, making it the ideal ingredient. It also helps to balance gastrointestinal flora.
• Medicinal clay contains lots of minerals and trace elements, binds excess acids and absorbs undesired substances like a sponge.
• Camomile, lemon balm & calendula are known for their soothing properties.
• As is black cumin oil, which is also traditionally used for the digestion.
• Fennel has a relaxing effect and calms the gastrointestinal tract.
• Cooked potatoes help to balance the increased acid production and supply the weakened animal with energy.
• The superfood coconut flour is easily digestible, low-fat and rich in fibre. This enables it to supply energy without placing a strain on the dog.
• Celery protects the digestive tract thanks to its high content of antioxidants and polysaccharides. In addition, celery has an enormously high base potential, which helps to neutralise the excess acid in the intestine
As is always the case with Terra Canis, all ingredients are of human-grade quality. Fresh and high-quality ingredients are the main priority for a sensitive stomach and intestine. The body should under no circumstances be burdened with grains that are difficult to digest, inferior meat or animal meal. All ingredients are tailored to the needs of the sensitive gastrointestinal tract and have been deliberately chosen by Terra Canis veterinarian Hanna Stephan. The FIRST AID menus have been developed by Terra Canis as nutritional support for dogs with acute digestive problems. Withdrawing all food for 24-48 hours is very important as a first measure to allow the gastrointestinal tract to calm down. After that, it is recommended to feed the FIRST AID light diet menus (start with small portions) for 2-4 weeks. Our tip: always keep a few tins of FIRST AID light diet in 100% human-grade quality of all ingredients in the house so you've got them to hand in case of emergencies.